Dr. Kevin Alschuler is a UW assistant professor in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine.
Dr. Alschuler's clinical interests center on being an integral part of the multidisciplinary care provided through the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine. He works closely with patients on topics such as coping with the emotional impact of having a chronic medical condition, improving functioning and quality of life, managing chronic pain and maximizing participation in their comprehensive multidisciplinary treatment program.
Dr. Alschuler is the psychologist for the UW Medicine Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Dr. Alschuler's research interests include developing models for the effective delivery of multidisciplinary interventions, identifying strategies for improving functioning and quality of life in rehabilitation populations, and understanding and reducing the impact of chronic pain on patients with chronic medical conditions.
- Boston Consortium in Clinical PsychologyResidency
- UW - Rehabilitation Psychology ProgramFellowship
- UW - Dept. of Rehabilitation MedicineFellowship
- Eastern Michigan UniversityOther Education2006
- Eastern Michigan UniversityMedical education2010