Dr. Orcutt is a UW professor of ophthalmology and adjunct professor of otolaryngology, head and neck surgery. His interests include neuro-ophthalmology,…
Read Full Bio
Patient Care Philosophy
He is a strong proponent of team-based care, bringing together the appropriate individuals to address a patient's problems. He is patient-centered in his approach to clinical care.
The early exploration of the Northwest Coast and the transitions of boundaries between Canada and the United States. In addition, he is an avid book collector, machinist and woodworker who restores antique motorcycles and cars.
Neuro-ophthalmology, oculoplastic surgery and orbital disease are his primary clinical interests.
He is a strong supporter of research by residents and fellows. He is specifically involved in research in teleretinal imaging for diabetic eye disease and the development of a national registry for tracing veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan with ocular injures. He is also involved in unique mechanisms to provide additional vision rehabilitation within the VA system.
- Univ. of Colorado School of MedicineMedical education1977
- UW - Dept. of OphthalmologyResidency
- Moorfields Eye HospitalFellowship
- National Hospital for Nervous DiseasesFellowship
- Hosp. for Sick Children (London)Fellowship
- American Board of OphthalmologyOphthalmology1982