Dr. Rivara holds the Children’s Guild Association Endowed Chair in Pediatrics, and is a UW professor of pediatrics and an adjunct professor of…
Read Full Bio
The efficacy and promotion of bicycle helmets; prevention of pedestrian injuries; youth violence; the epidemiology of firearm injuries; intimate partner violence; interventions for alcohol abuse in trauma patients; and the effectiveness of trauma systems in the care of pediatric and adult trauma patients.
He continues as an active clinician, teacher, investigator and advocate at the University of Washington and Seattle Children’s.
- Univ. of Pennsylvania School of MedicineMedical education1974
- Children's Hospital BostonInternship
- UW - Dept. of PediatricsFellowship
- UW - Dept. of PediatricsResidency
- American Board of PediatricsPediatrics1981