Dr. Kaysen is a clinical psychologist at UW Medical Center and its Roosevelt Clinic, and associate professor in UW's Department of Psychiatry and…
Read Full Bio
- Reducing alcohol use and post-traumatic stress
- Alcohol use among students, women and military personnel
- Improving treatment for torture survivors
- Univ. of Missouri-Dept. of PsychologyInternship
- Univ. of MissouriMedical education2003
- UW - Dept. of Psychiatry & Behavioral SciencesInternship
- UW - Dept. of Psychiatry & Behavioral SciencesFellowship
Dr. Kaysen is a clinical psychologist at UW Medical Center and its Roosevelt Clinic, and associate professor in UW's Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
She has received grants from the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, the National Institutes of Drug Abuse and the Alcohol Beverage Medical Research Foundation. Her work focuses mainly on interaction between trauma exposure, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and alcohol problems. She is involved with two international research projects adapting treatments for PTSD among torture survivors in Iraq and among rape victims in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.