Dr. Mathes is an associate professor of surgery in the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, UW Medicine. He is an attending surgeon at UW…
Read Full Bio
Patient Care Philosophy
To restore both form and function.
Running, hiking, skiing, music and spending time with his family.
Microsurgical reconstruction; reconstructive and cosmetic surgery of the breast
and face; rhinoplasty and septal reconstruction; and body-contouring.
He is conducting research to bring composite tissue transplantation (face and hand transplants) to the clinic. His research seeks to allow these transplants to be performed with minimal to no immunosuppression.
- Tulane University-School of MedicineMedical education1996
- Massachusetts General HospitalFellowship
- New York Presbyterian Hospital-Cornell Medical Ctr.Internship
- New York Presbyterian Hospital-Cornell Medical Ctr.Residency
- Univ. of Texas Southwestern Med. CenterResidency
- American Board of Plastic SurgeryPlastic Surgery2007
- American Board of SurgeryGeneral Surgery2005