Dr. Lewis is a UW Professor of radiology and the director of nuclear medicine at Harborview Medical Center (HMC). Nuclear medicine is a way of imaging the…
Read Full Bio
Patient Care Philosophy
"I believe that gathering the most important information for patient care is key for effective care. This approach means that a thorough and attentive search for findings from the patient, from the patient's medical data and from a number of imaging tests will yield the most help for the patient's complaint."
Exercise, guitar, singing and poetry.
Cardiac, bone and brain disease. He is a nationally recognized expert in functional brain imaging with single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT).
Imaging of the brain during activation tasks in health and disease. It is important to carefully study the activation tasks, patient responses and image analysis with robust, statistical methods.
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of MedicineMedical education1985
- UW - Dept. of Nuclear MedicineResidency
- UW - Division of General Internal MedicineResidency
- American Board of Nuclear MedicineNuclear Medicine1990
- American Board of Internal MedicineInternal Medicine1988