Dr. Dichek is a UW professor of medicine in the Division of Cardiology and the division's associate director of research. He holds the John L. Locke Jr.…
Read Full Bio
Patient Care Philosophy
"Mutual trust, respect and education. I am your advocate in a complex environment that usually includes several diagnostic and therapeutic options."
Bicycle touring, reading Shakespeare, French and other classic cinema.
General cardiology, including coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, and preventive cardiology.
Vascular biology with a focus on the contributions of the plasminogen-plasminogen activator system and transforming growth factor-beta to vascular disease; gene transfer to blood vessels; and gene therapy for cardiovascular disease.
- UCLA Medical CenterMedical education1984
- Johns Hopkins University SOMFellowship
- Massachusetts General HospitalInternship
- Massachusetts General HospitalResidency
- Massachusetts General HosptialFellowship
- National Institutes of HealthFellowship
- American Board of Internal MedicineCardiovascular Disease1993
- American Board of Internal MedicineGeneral Internal Medicine1987