Dr. Starnes is a UW professor of surgery and chief of the Vascular Surgery Division. He was recruited to the University of Washington in 2007 after a…
Read Full Bio
Patient Care Philosophy
Anyone who works with me will tell you that my standards are extremely high when it comes to performing surgery. When making a decision about patient care, start with the most feared complication and work backward. Keep patient care first among all considerations.
Family, woodworking, mountaineering, golf, cycling and fitness.
I climb Mount Rainier every year with a special group of friends to raise money for an orphanage in Africa.
- Ruptured aortic aneurysms
- Blunt traumatic aortic injury
- Aortic dissection
- vascular trauma
- Multi-branch and fenestrated endografting for complex aortic disease
- Vascular Trauma
- Factors that influence outcomes for patients presenting with ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Jefferson Medical CollegeMedical education1992
- Walter Reed Army Medical CenterInternship
- Walter Reed Army Medical CenterResidency
- Uniformed Services University of the Health SciencesTeaching Appointment
- Walter Reed Army Medical CenterFellowship
- American Board of SurgeryVascular Surgery2004