The UW School of Medicine is committed to the promotion of professionalism in our community of faculty, staff, trainees and students. To support this, the Committee for Continuous Professionalism Improvement CPI) was created in 2007 by Dr. Paul Ramsey. The CPI is charged with overseeing and promoting professionalism throughout the medical school and all teaching sites.
This diverse, engaged committee has provided a key leadership role on efforts such as creation of the UW Medicine
Conflict of Interest Policy and the
Policy on Professional Conduct, and on improving the learning environment for both teachers and learners.
- Annemarie Relyea-Chew, JD, MS, Associate Professor, Radiology
Barbara Van Ess, Director, Personnel Policy
Brandon Haynes, M.D., Resident, Urology
Charlie C. Hsu, V.M.D, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Comparative Medicine
- Christopher Barnes, M.D., Resident, Anesthesiology
Christopher Knight, M.D., Associate Professor, Medicine
Elizabeth Kaplan, M.D., Assistant Professor, Medicine
Erika A. Goldstein, M.D., M.P.H., Associate Dean for the Colleges
Farrel "Ric" Robinson, Ph.D., Professor, Biological Structure
Jennifer Best, Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education
Lacey LaGrone, M. D., Resident, General Surgery
Leslie Hampton, MN, RN, Director, Professional Development
Molly Blackley Jackson, M.D., Associate Professor, Medicine (Chair)
Monica Morrison, PA-C., Department of Surgery
Nancy E. Hovis, Director of External Business Relations, School of Medicine
Raye R. Maestas, M.D., Associate Professor, Family Medicine
- Carlos A. Pellegrini, M.D., Henry N. Harkins Professor & Chair, Surgery (Former Committee Chair and Senior Advisor)
Richard C. Veith, M.D., Professor, Psychiatry, CPI Senior Advisor
- Marjorie D. Wenrich, M.P.H., Associate Dean for Education Strategies, School of Medicine, CPI Senior Advisor
CPI Student Advisory Council
- Alyssa D. Hummel, Student, School of Medicine
- Amelia Starr, Student, School of Medicine
- Daniel M. Lim, Student, School of Medicine
- Dilip Nagarkar, Student, School of Medicine
- Isabel Makman, Student, School of Medicine
- Joan T. Tran, Student, School of Medicine
- Joseph D. Steffens, Student, School of Medicine
- Matthew T. Schultz, Student, School of Medicine
- Mallory Davis, Student, School of Medicine
- Nasya Sierra, Student, School of Medicine
- Shiri Raphaely, Student, School of Medicine
Please contact Dr. Molly B. Jackson (email@example.com) with any questions and suggestions for the CPI committee.
WWAMI Pro Recognition Program
The WWAMI Pro recognition program honors professionalism throughout our medical school community by capturing moments in time when someone has gone above and beyond in providing a respectful and supportive learning environment. Medical students are encouraged to recognize role models and teachers in their midst. Recognition can be directed toward any contributor to a student's learning environment, including attending physicians, residents, interns, other physicians, pharmacists, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and staff, such as front office staff, administrators clerks, custodial staff and security.
Individuals recognized will be notified during the next recognition cycle, and will receive a pin to wear or display. Notification to the individual will include information from this form, but will not include the nominating student's name. If additional information is needed, the student may be contacted. Only current University of Washington medical students may submit a WWAMI Pro recognition.
WWAMI Pro Recognition website to submit a recognition.