The eight committees of the UW Medical Center Service League
benefit the medical center in a variety of ways:
- Art Committee: The Art Committee's function is to act as a liaison between the Medical Center Art Program and the Service League Board, which has made a substantial financial commitment to the program. The committee participates in program planning and review, and advocates for continuing support for the program.
- Executive Committee: The Executive Commitee's function is to address policy and planning issue for the Service League and to act as an advisory body to the President.
- Grants Committee: The Grants Committee's function is to identify and evaluate University of Washington Medical Center's unfunded needs through grant requests and to allocate profits from the Service League's projects for the direct benefit of patients.
- Nominating Committee: The Nominating Committe's function is to search, interview and select the slate of nominees for the Service League Board of Directors and its officers for the upcoming board year.
- Retail Operations & Finance Committee: This committee's function is to oversee Service League finances, prepare an annual budget for board approval, and cause to be kept the financial records of the corporation. It also advocates for and oversees the UWMC's Gift Shop, Espresso and Tea Room operations.
- Program Evaluation Committee: The function of this committee is to oversee the Service League's commitment to ongoing programs and to evaluate these projects and programs.
- Special Projects Committee: This committee reviews and evaluates new projects which require funding greater than available through the annual grants process.
- Volunteer Liaison & Community Relations Committee: This committee acts as a liaison between the Service League board, its member volunteers, and the Volunteer Services Department, interpreting Service League policy where appropriate. It establishes and encourages communication between the members, the board, and the Volunteer Services Department, and provides public relations for the Service League and its board.