Complete and submit Volunteer Application Packet which must
include the following six items:
- Volunteer application (PDF).
- Personal Statement (PDF) about why you would like to volunteer at UWMC.
- Immunization History and Employee Health form (PDF).
Please note that only this completed form is required as part as your application; do not include your medical records.
- UWMC Criminal History form.
- Letter of Recommendation.
~ Written within the last year.
~ Dated and signed.
Preferred but not required:
~ On letterhead.
~ Written specifically for our program.
Who may write your letter of recommendation?
~ Neighbor or adult family friend (not a peer).
~ Coach or group leader (i.e. from an organization such as Boy Scouts).
~ Church leader.
Who may not write your letter of recommendation?
Do not submit the letter separately from your application; do not seal it in a separate envelope. See Frequently Asked Questions for more details.
- Photo Release Form.
Mail or turn in your completed packet with all six items to:
University of Washington Medical Center
1959 NE Pacific Street
Seattle, WA 98195-6144
Expect a reply from Volunteer Services within three weeks of submitting your application. You may be scheduled to meet with a Volunteer Services Manager for an interview.
Those who are selected for a volunteer position will be required to complete the following:
- Meet with Employee Health Nurse for immunization review and TB screening process.
- Attend two-hour Volunteer Orientation.
- Complete UWMC Scavenger Hunt.
- Shadow other volunteers.
- Participate in Wheelchair Training Intensive Course.
- Obtain Volunteer ID Badge.
- Purchase required uniform.
- Attend department training for specific role.
The entire volunteer onboarding process can take a minimum four weeks to complete.