Complete and submit Volunteer Application Packet which must
include the following six items:
1. Volunteer application (PDF).
2. Personal Statement (PDF)
about why you would like to volunteer at UWMC.
3. Immunization History and Employee Health form (PDF).
Please note that only
this completed form is required as part as your application; do not
include your medical records.
4. UWMC Criminal History form
5. Letter of Recommendation on official letterhead. Do not
submit the letter separately from your application; do not
seal it in a separate envelope. See Frequently Asked Questions
for more details.
6. Photo Release Form.
Mail or turn in your completed packet with all six items to:
University of Washington Medical Center
1959 NE Pacific Street
Seattle, WA 98195-6144
Expect a reply from Volunteer Services within three weeks of submitting your application. You may be scheduled to meet with a Volunteer Services Manager for an interview.
Those who are selected for a volunteer position will be required to complete the following:
- Meet with Employee Health Nurse for immunization review and TB screening process.
- Attend two-hour Volunteer Orientation.
- Complete UWMC Scavenger Hunt.
- Shadow other volunteers.
- Participate in Wheelchair Training Intensive Course.
- Obtain Volunteer ID Badge.
- Purchase required uniform.
- Attend department training for specific role.
The entire volunteer onboarding process can take a minimum four weeks to complete.