UW Medical Center is located in northeast Seattle, south of the main University of Washington campus.
UW Medical Center
1959 N.E. Pacific St.
Seattle, WA 98195
UW Medical Center also has clinics located at the UW Medical Center - Roosevelt building located just a few blocks northwest of the main hospital.
Note: Light rail is coming to the University District, and Sound Transit has begun construction on the UW Station at Husky Stadium, which will open in 2016. From time to time, patients and visitors to UW Medical Center may experience traffic slowdowns because of construction. Portions of the parking surrounding Husky Stadium will be closed; however, the Triangle and Surgery Pavilion garages are reserved for UWMC patients and their families. Check online for the latest on the light rail station construction.
UWMC Floor Maps
To help patients, families and visitors navigate the medical center, UWMC maintains a map of all of the hospital floors. In addition to this map, assistance is available at the information desk, located near the main hospital entrance.
From Interstate 5
- Take Exit No. 168B (Bellevue /Kirkland) onto State Route (SR) 520.
- Take the first exit off SR 520 to Montlake Boulevard N.E.
- Turn left onto Montlake Boulevard and continue north.
- Cross the drawbridge and turn left onto N.E. Pacific Street at the traffic light; move to the right-hand lane.
- Turn right at the second "Patient Parking" directional sign onto N.E. Pacific Place, then immediately turn right into the Triangle Parking Garage, connected to the medical center via a pedestrian tunnel.
From the east via State Route 520 westbound
- Take the Montlake Boulevard exit.
- Continue north on Montlake Boulevard and cross the drawbridge.
- At the traffic light, turn left onto N.E. Pacific Street. Turn right at the second "Patient Parking" directional sign onto N.E. Pacific Place, then immediately turn right into the Triangle Parking Garage, connected to the medical center via a pedestrian tunnel.
Medical Center Parking
Validation for reduced-rate parking is available for medical center patients and their visitors. Patients and their visitors must have their parking ticket stamped at their place of appointment to receive the discounted parking rate.
Triangle Parking Garage
- This underground parking garage is across N.E. Pacific Street from UW Medical Center.
- Enter the garage from N.E. Pacific Place, one-half block west of Montlake Boulevard.
- A pedestrian tunnel leads from the garage to the third (main) floor of the medical center.
- The garage has 500 parking stalls - 67 of which are labeled for disability parking, and nine are wheelchair accessible.
- Height restriction is 6 feet, 8 inches.
- Parking staff work from 6 a.m. to midnight Monday through Friday and from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
- Pay as you leave.
- Garage parking is free on Sundays.
- After hours parking is available only in the Triangle Garage.
Surgery Pavilion Parking Garage
- This garage is located beneath the Surgery Pavilion and is primarily for surgery patients and their visitors.
- Enter the garage from N.E. Pacific Street, and turn left at the stop sign after passing the Emergency Department entrance.
- Disability parking is located on all three parking levels, although Level P1 has limited availability for oversized vehicles.
- Maximum vehicle height is 9 feet, 6 inches on Level P1 and 6 feet, 7 inches on Levels P2 and P3.
- Garage hours are 6 a.m. to midnight Monday through Friday and closed on weekends. Hours are subject to UW special events.
- After hours parking is not available in the Surgery Pavilion Garage.
- Pay as you leave.
Disabled patients without adaptive vehicles may use the valet parking service at the main entrance of the medical center. Valet DOES NOT park adaptive vehicles. Wheelchairs and escort services are also available. Valet parking fees are the same as those charged for parking in the garages.
The Triangle and Surgery Pavilion Garages have disability parking, including spaces for wheelchair vans.
In/Out Parking Privileges
Available for patients needing to leave and return to a clinic during the day. Ask the traffic guide at the booth to explain how the procedure works.
All non-patient-related visitors must pay the posted parking rates. After hours parking is available only in the Triangle Garage.
Directions to clinics and the Health Sciences Building are available at the information desk inside the medical center entrance.
Questions about validation refunds should be directed to the UW Medical Center parking manager at 206.598.5275.
UW Medical Center parking garages are available to patients and their visitors. Discount coupons are available at clinics and nurses stations to allow parking at these rates.
| 0 - 30 minutes
| 30 minutes - 1 hour
| 1 - 2 hours
| 2 - 3 hours
| 3 hours or more
|| $10 daily maximum
| In/out access
|| $10 per day
Parking rates are subject to change each July.
- Download the UWMC parking brochure (PDF) >
Shuttle and Bus Services
The Health Sciences Express provides free shuttle service to assist patients, families, caregivers, faculty and staff in traveling between UW Medical Center, the clinics at UWMC-Roosevelt, the UW Tower and Harborview Medical Center. Health Sciences Express schedule >
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance also provide free shuttle service between their facilities, UW Medical Center and Seattle Children's.
Metro provides regular bus service to UW Medical Center on several routes, including 43, 44, 48, 25, 133, 167, 197, 271, 272 and 277. Express bus routes, including the 48, 205, 540, 556 and 586, also stop at UW Medical Center.
To find the best routes from your nearest bus stop, call Metro at 206.553.3000. You can also plan your trip with Metro bus schedules online.