NOTE: Harborview Volunteer Services will not be accepting applications between November 1, 2013 and January 1, 2014. We will begin accepting applications again on January 2nd, 2014.
The care and dedication of our more than 500 volunteers has a great impact on our diverse group of patients, families and staff. As a volunteer, you are a valued member of our team. As a volunteer at Harborview you will:
- Gain experience in a hospital setting, working side by side with leading health-care professionals
- Observe patient care in a high-volume medical center
- Gain satisfaction from helping others
- Build meaningful relationships
- Give back to the community
As an academic medical center, Harborview promotes a culture of education. If you are considering a career in health care, volunteering at Harborview is one of the best experiences you can have.
Volunteers are important participants in UW Medicine’s patient- and family-centered care initiative. You will have the opportunity to help patients and families feel supported through their stay or visit. As a contributor to the patient- and family-centered care environment, you will:
- Help patients and visitors access information through the Patient and Family Resource Center
- Connect patients and visitors with staff, such as their nurse or social worker, when they have questions or concerns
- Guide patients and visitors to locations throughout the hospital
- Follow our Service Excellence Standards