Within moments of receiving an emergency call, an Airlift Northwest team is on the way. While the flight crew prepares for takeoff, the Airlift Northwest 24-Hour ComCenter
sets in motion a coordinated emergency response network by:
- Alerting our aviation partners to determine if a flight can be made based on weather and other aviation factors;
- Communicating directly with requesting agencies;
- Collecting and relaying patient information;
- Providing estimated time of arrival (ETA) updates to all involved in the transport procedure; and
- Arranging for ground transportation, if required
At the emergency site or hospital — and for the duration of the flight — Airlift Northwest nurses provide critical patient care and convey updated patient information to the staff of the receiving hospital.
If additional ground transportation is required, Airlift Northwest nurses remain with the patient enroute to the receiving hospital.
All aviation services, pilots and mechanics are provided by Air Methods Corporation and Aero Air.